Camp Fire in the News
Camp Fire youth, staff and volunteers do important things every day...important things that get noticed and get talked about!
Below are links to a few recent stories that demonstrate what's happening in the world of Camp Fire.
- Camp Fire CEO Discusses Importance of the Afterschool Movement
Cathy Tisdale, President and CEO of Camp Fire, and Jodi Grant, Executive Director of the Afterschool Alliance, partner together to discuss their New Year's resolution for the afterschool movement. Read their Huffington Post blog here.
- Camp Fire Launches Youth Leadership Pilot Program
Dr. Barry Posner, The Leadership Challenge®, and Camp Fire CEO Cathy Tisdale sit down with The Local Show to discuss a new partnership and the importance of giving youth the tools they need to be successful leaders now. Watch the interview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqJ9OpFMoIM&feature=youtu.be
- Camp Fire is Ignited by Addition of Lyn Lakin
Camp Fire is burning bright. With the addition of Lyn Lakin as Chief Advancement Officer, we are poised for even more growth in 2013 and beyond. Read Lyn's announcement here!
- Obama nominates Camp Fire alum to Interior Secretary post
Sally Jewell, Camp Fire alum and CEO of REI, will be focused on "protecting the country's land, keeping an eye on America's future, creating jobs, growing businesses and moving the country toward energy independence." (New York Times, February 6, 2013)
- "Nurturing the Spark" --- Camp Fire Alumnae talk about growing up in Camp Fire, the new brand, and the future of our organization. (KC Independent, November 10, 2012)
- "Nature Tikes" --- Our Camp Fire team in Austin, TX has launched a new program where families with toddlers and preschool age children experience nature together.
- Adventure Camp --- Our Camp Fire team in Kansas City partnered with Alphapointe Association for the Blind to host an innovative new summer camping experience. You'll be touched by this wonderful video. (Youtube, September 6, 2012)